This weekend was fun. Friday a couple of us went to a bar called "Frog and Princess" because our friend got a job there. They were super busy so we didn't get to talk to her much but the food was great! Then after that were went to a boat party held by the school. It was basically so all the students could go and get cheap drinks but I'm convinced it wasnt real alcohol. I think they took the vodka and poured half the bottle out then dilluted it with water. Because for the amount I appeared to be drinking I should have been sick, but I was hardly even drunk. And I was surprised that the school allowed a function on a boat, but they were prepared with ambulances just outside of where the boat was docked hahaha I found that quite interesting.
So remember that shopping I did in Bordeaux? Well just a little tip in case anyone comes to France (or Europe in general, I would assume): don't buy "one size fits all" tank tops from a tiny Asian woman. They need to adjust their labels to be: "One size fits all... small asians". Luckily they were 3 for 10 euros so I really didnt end up wasting any money. And one of them DOES fit, which is weird because theyre all supposed to be the same size.
Saturday I went to Versailles with the ISA group. It was ok, but it rained the whole day and the gardens weren't impressive because none of the fountains were on and nothing was in bloom. I'm going to go back when it's nicer out. Saturday night I went to Taylors for dinner and we had brie and baguettes and let me tell you I cannot stop thinking about it. I'm craving brie again so bad that we're doing it again on Wednesday hahahaha its just so good!! And for the record I'm making a conscious effort to lay off the eclairs. I can't be the huge bridesmaid (slash maid of honor... woot woot!!!) at Helen's wedding it'll just be embarassing and ruin all of the pictures. If Helen wasn't such a tiny european to begin with I might have had some leeway (I don't even know how to begin to spell that word?) but since she IS, I have to make the effort to be at least normal sized. hahahahaha :)
Yesterday I went to lunch with Taylor, her friend Arielle, and Stephen. It was delicious and afterwards we got macaroons from a place called Ladurée. They were awesome, and quite expensive. Which is good actually because even though I loved them my budget doesnt allow for a macaroon addiction.
This week should be ok, I don't have class Wednesday or Thursday which is nice. But I have two group meetings for group projects due on Friday and then Monday so it should be interesting to see how those work out. Group projects are always hard but I wonder how they'll go with students from different cultures. My one group is me, another american girl, two guys from the Republic of Congo, and a kid from France. That's such a mixture of ways of doing things so I wonder how smoothly it'll go.
Wednesday Taylor and I have a day long date which I am VERY excited about in the most heterosexual way possible. I'm finally going to see Sacre-Coeur and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower! It's been closed since I've been here and just opened up this weekend. Hopefully it doesnt decide to rain on my parade (like it does literally every day).
Thennnnnn later this week I'm planning spring break trips. I don't think we're going to spend the whole time in one place but deciding where we want to go is going to be the hardest part. I really want to go to Ireland but I wouldn't mind just going there for a weekend if it's easier. I don't know, I suppose everything will work itself out.
So on a completely different note, things are going well with my host family. I'm really lucky because a lot of people hate their living situations. There are two girls in my group who are vegetarians (shout out to Jenn and Sasha hahaha) and their host mom has been making them food with meat in it since they've been here and they just had a blow out about it the other day. When you fill out the housing forms you fill out if you have any special dietary needs so this lady KNEW they were vegetarians and was doing it anyway, then yelled at them and told them that they needed to learn to adjust. That's so awful, I would have been freaking out. Sophie and Nelson leave me to myself when I want to be. They always ask me to watch TV or movies with them after dinner which I think is nice, especially because they're newly weds. Who wants the awkward foreign girl sitting in on their romance time? hahahahahaa And they're really interesting to talk to during dinner. I definitely think my comprehension of French is getting to be A LOT better. They never speak english to me which is awesome but also kind of frustrating sometimes. My entire life right now is one long game of catch phrase, except in another language. I don't remember how it came up but Nelson was asking if I ever had cotton candy, except it's not called cotton candy here. So he had to go on about how its a cloud made of sugar that is all different colors. After like 5 minutes of him getting all that out I finally got it hahahahahaha. But since I love catch phrase so much it doesn't bother me. And Sophie went to Belgium this weekend and brought me back chocolate which I thought was really sweet. She also told me to rest well before ever going there because everyone starts drinking at 10am and it gets to be exhausting lol
Thats all for the update! I'm finally going to get my new SIM card tomorrow so I'll post my number asap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes....never trust those asian ladies lol!
ReplyDeleteludree is like the (most famous) place for macarons...so jealous you got to eat one!!!!
ahahahahhaa! you're all too skinny for me!!
ReplyDeleteand the macaroons were amazing! i never had one before that and now im in love lol
hahaha I hope you haven't shared your opinion of "tiny europeans" with any europeans around there hahaha You're such a hater! I appreciate that you are trying to stay fit for my wedding.. but you're in France and you should eat a lot because that's what french people do. Look at the cows. "I just ate that cow!" See? Do it. Eat the eclair lol You'll work it off anyway when you're going up and down all of those stairs :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're having such a good time, I'm so happy you have friends and a nice family there!! And jealous that you're making spring break plans!! Go somewhere good hahaha as if there was anything bad in Europe :) I miss you, you honorary maid of mine!!
Hahahaha! Catch phrase reminds me of when kristina and I csme down to eiu for halloween tht one year...girls have these...haha I won't put ur answer down lol
ReplyDeleteHaha love the shout out casey. you should come to ireland with julie, tanuja, and me on march 5th please please please <3
ReplyDelete