I tried to be all Parisian today and wore heels to class. They were too small to begin with, but they were also only 20 euros so size really didnt matter to me at that exact point in time. I am impressed with how long they stayed on for though. I left my house at 12 and didn't get back until 7:30, and all considered I think they handeled themselves pretty well. But my feet are absolutely killing me now that I took them off and I may have to wait a recovery period of at least 2 weeks before wearing them again. Just thought it was important that everyone know I tired hahaha.
After class I went to buy a camera, having no idea how incredibly stressful this situation would be. First of all, I didn't have my sister with me to tell me what to buy (she's a camera expert after her job at circuit city hahaha) and second of all I couldn't understand all of the details of each camera. Also, you can't actually play with any of the cameras. You can't turn them on or take pictures so how the fuck am I supposed to know if I like it or not? After standing there for probably 20 minutes I finally reminded myself that it doesn't matter what kind of camera I get because inevitably I'm just going to break it. Obviously I chose the cheapest one.
You may think that having chose the camera the hardest part was done. Well, my friend, you are incorrect. I didn't know exactly where to go from there so I tried to find someone who worked there. SURPRISE!!!! Every employee must have been on their break at the exact same time because I couldn't find anyone. So I walked around the store aimlessly pretending to be interested at other electronics, all the while trying to make it obvious that I wasn't trying to steal anything. Finally someone came up and was bombarded by 90 people all wanting to ask questions about everything and it took forever.
When the guy got around to helping me I realized he didn't speak a work of English (which really is to be expected. I understand I'm not in America and I take for granted the fact that everyone speaks English in the touristy parts). It was a little hard at first to get my wants and needs across but I did. Then he told me that I didn't really want that camera, I would much prefer this other camera at 299 euros instead of 129 euros. If I my language skills were better I would have laughed in his face and kindly explained my history with cameras, but I didn't feel up to the task. I just repeated (about 43 times in a row) that I was positive I wanted the cheap camera even though I appreciated his opinion. So he took me to a computer and looked up that they had the camera I wanted, then printed me out a receipt and started walking away. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? When I asked him he acted like I should have KNOWN I have to pick it up in another department. I went to where I was supposed to pick it up and they told me I have to buy it first, and then come back. Sooooooooooo I paid for a product that I didn't have in my possession, then waited in line for 20 minutes to pick it up. Buying a camera is exhausting work. And I don't know why they make you jump through hoops to get the electronics because its not like I could have stolen it anyway - they have people waiting right outside of the detectors so that if they buzz you can't run away. Difficult task but it appears to have been worth the trouble. My new camera is really cute and so far it seems to take good pictures (although I'm not really sure how bad the test pictures of my room could have turned out haha)
I was feeling kind of annoyed when I left though, because I just spent an hour of my day trying to buy a camera that would have taken me a total of 15 minutes at Target or Best Buy (and most of that time would be spent waiting in line). On my way onto the metro I noticed there was a guy on crutch-type things so I waited for him to go ahead of me but he told me to go first and waited which I thought was really nice and also unnecessary, so I got him a seat. hahahaha I thought that was a fair trade. And as long as I've mentioned one person on crutches I need to mention something else, and I mean this in the most politically correct way possible - I have never seen so many disabled people in my life. I don't even know if "disabled" is the word I'm looking for, but everyone has these crutch things. Literally, if you're in the metro you'll see at least 5 people with them and I find that so weird because how many times do you see people with walking problems in the US? Hardly ever. In my opinion this is a direct result of all the metro stairs. Let it be known that I said it first!
Sophie didn't get home until late today so we didn't have dinner until 9:15pm. She must have felt guilty about it because she made the biggest dinner ever AND bought eclairs for dessert. I'm stuffed and have never been more satisfied with a meal in my life. Perhaps before I leave I'll have her teach me a few things hahaha Conversation at dinner went well today too. I really am starting to understand more. Since tomorrow is Mardi Gras, Sophie was telling me that in Martinique (where she's originally from) they have today and tomorrow off and there's a carnival and everybody celebrates. Wtf is this? I wish it was the same in Paris hahahaha
On that note, since I DO have class tomorrow, I'm going to go tackle some of that French grammar I've been avoiding. Au revoir!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww I'm sorry about your camera fiasco. I was wondering why you weren't online all day...I spent the day doing homework and not feeling well. Are you going to the Love Party tomorrow night?
ReplyDelete<3 <3
If only I could be there with you to buy that camera and eat those eclairs...hahahaha!!! We miss you! Pain in the name of fashion....you go girl! Bring home those recipes and don't forget that a stressful day in Paris is still better than winter in Charleston. I wonder how long it will be before you have taught Sophie to speak fluent english. Post some pictures or email them if you can. Did you get the text? Don't forget to get your ashes on Wednesday. We are counting the days!!!
ReplyDeletehahahahahahaahaa. I like my shout out. C-CITY FO LIFE!!!!!!!! word.
ReplyDeleteyou need to tell me where you are getting these shopping deals in paris,,,craziness!
ReplyDelete