(again, please excuse the missing accent)
Anyone who has never been to France has never had a croissant or eclair. I'm telling you, they're magical here. Absolutely magical. If my diet could consist of only those I would be just fine (except probably 80 pounds bigger).
Today I slept in until 11, then got ready and did some sewing (all of my buttons are falling off... why??!!) and went to meet Taylor at school for a cross cultural seminar. It was called "when cultures collide" and it was given by an English guy named Richard Lewis - apparently he's well known but I don't know him. Anyway, his hatred for Americans was obvious and I don't really understand why. He kept using examples of how all cultures are the same yet different. Like the fact that everyone likes favors, wants to be liked, etc. Then for another example he goes "and also, we all love children. Even Americans love children" ...?? what is that even supposed to mean hahahahaha i think im supposed to be offended but i dont even get what he was trying to imply. perhaps that we're heartless? he kept saying stupid shit like that throughout the seminar it was annoying.
You know what wasnt annoying? The free wine after the seminar. hahahaha my school always has free wine its awesome! So we stayed and had some wine then I came home, Im still sick. Hopefully tomorrow we're going to go out and do karaokee because that would be fun. I only have one class on Friday. It's not until 12:30 and its basically a joke.
I would like to take this moment to make a Public Service Announcement for anyone who is looking for a cell phone to use while abroad:
NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GO THROUGH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC/ CELLULARABROAD.COM. EVER.
I have had nothing but trouble since I got it and everytime I call no one has any idea what my problem is and swear that its the first time anyone in the history of users has gotten this particular problem. Today my phone had full service but wouldnt make or receive calls or texts. I couldnt even call them to scream about how much they were ruining my life so I had to resort to writing them an email. The problem with this was that I was at school so I had to use the french keyboard, and because it's different and I had to concentrate on the keys I wasnt able to pound away furiously and get out my anger. I just got more and more pissed as my email continued.
The bottom line of this story is this: I will probably be getting a new phone. I told them they are lying about the prices, theyre charging me when I "make" calls that never actually go through, and no one is helpful. As soon as I get my new phone number I'll post it because then people will actually be able to contact me! What a novel idea that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ugh i'm having phone frustrations too. different reasons but still...something like a phone should be simple!! let me know what youre up to tonight Sasha and I were just saying how we miss hanging out with you <3
ReplyDelete