Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mes amis, j'ai un problème...

My camera card is an xD, and my computer only accepts SD! So now I took all of these wonderful pictures that you will not be able to see until I find a solution. Option 1: borrowing a friends converter. Option 2: buying a new camera. Not sure which one will win at the moment.

Today all of the students in the ABS program took a boat ride on the Seine River. I know you're probably jealous, but let me assure you that you should not be. We spent over an hour going through locks and by the time we got onto the actual river we basically had to turn around. We didnt even pass the Eiffel Tower! Thanks for nothing, ABS.

So after that a couple of the students and I decided to go see Eiffel Tower. It was amazing. I don't even know how to describe it up close - the pictures on postcards don't do it justice. The only bad thing about it was the vendors. Seriously, I tried to be nice about not wanting to buy a light up eiffel tower key chain and the guy wouldn't give it up. He kept saying "bling bling! its bling bling!"... apparently because I'm American all I want in life is some bling? So every five seconds you have to be like "non, merci" and walk away. By the time we were leaving everyone started heading them off 10 feet away hahahahaha it was annoying. Then there was a man that insisted I take a rose, and wouldn't let me away until I did. Then he wanted money for it. Really? Wtf.

After the Eiffel Tower my new bffs and I went to dinner at a very french chinese restaurant. hahahaha reading the chinese menu is hard enough in english, much less french. But it was a good time and the people were nice. I think I finally get the hang of taking the Metro, even though I still get nervous trying to take it. I'm so scared of getting lost and just being confused. The kids I was with gave me great directions though and I got home fine even with having to switch lines.

One interesting thing, however, was that while I'm at a stop for one of the metros, these two kids jump on last minute. I can immediately smell the booze on their breathe and they were talking really fast. Then, I notice that one of the kids is gushing blood from the back of his head. Literally. He turned around and it was all on his face and hands too. His friend kept telling him he needed to take care of it and the kid kept telling him to be quiet and that he had to be. They got off at the next stop so I didn't find out what happened but I dont think I would have wanted to anyway hahaha. The funny thing was that no one said a word or even looked twice at the kid, even though his blood was clearly visable. Only the lady in front of me asked me if I knew what happened and sadly I did not (but she did ask me in french which means she must have thought I looked french WHICH MEANS my infiltration into French society is half complete).

Tomorrow we have yet another meeting about rules and regulations. I know that the French don't have any concern with time, but really, they should let me lead half of these meetings. I'd be done in 10minutes flat and everyone would come out with the same information. These meetings last like 4 hours and half the time I'm not even paying attention. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday because hopefully I'll be able to go out. This weekend I'm going to be doing some mad shopping so I'll let you all know my purchases (in detail, of course).

À bientôt!

3 comments:

  1. Casey,
    Celeste told me to tell you to go to the french Walmart and buy a card reader, that should cost you under $10 and you should be able to put your memory card into it and then plug it into your computer. While you are there make sure you take a class at the camera school =) hahaha. Dont forget we want a picture of you in your beret under the Eifle tower! This is April I just wanted to type from your key board... its so lovely! Miss you already hope you are having the time of your life!!

    xoxo,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better not have been using my dual monitors to make this comment, bitch!

    hahahahahahaa jk. but tell CN thanks for the advice, i'll have to figure out how to convey the need for a card reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey,
    I don't know if this will help but I typed in the link info (first one) so you can see what the card reader looks like. I also, put camera stores addresses below. The lexar store has a multi card reader for 29.00 which is good for all the cards. You can also get a single reader for just your card for about 19.00. Also, if you can find a camera store, they might actually have them on display so you don't have to figure out the wording. Hahahaha. You are probably out partying right now with your french wine....Now THOSE are the pictures we really want to see!!!
    Can't wait to hear about your first weekend!!!
    xoxoxo


    http://store.lexar.com/?category=22&subcategory=8

    Businesses


    1 In Camera
    21, Rue Las Cases, 75007 Paris
    01 47 05 51 77

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions
    2 ANTIQUE CAMERAS
    8, Rue Miromesnil, 75008 Paris
    09 63 40 53 46

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions
    3 CAM Céréales
    188, Rue Rivoli, 75001 Paris
    01 47 03 36 89

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions
    4 CAM ONE
    246, Rue St Martin, 75003 Paris
    01 42 71 13 53

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions
    5 Dzeuang Cam-One
    246, Rue St Martin, 75003 Paris
    01 42 71 13 53

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions
    6 Sarl Cam International
    46, Rue Des Gravilliers, 75003 Paris
    01 48 87 88 25

    Thank you for rating.
    Directions

    ReplyDelete