Monday, January 25, 2010

Et Le Semestre Commence.

Today was the first day of classes. I almost forgot that I need to attend those while I'm here haha. I only had one class, International Business, from 1:30 - 4:30pm. Three hours is WAY too long for one class. All of the classes are once a week and three hours long. Wouldn't it make sense to have the class three times a week at an hour each? What's that you say, it would be too easy? You're right. If there's one thing I've noticed about the French culture (at least from the examples of my school and ISA) so far is that they like to make things as difficult as possible hahahaha.

On my way home today a man asked me if he was at the right bus, and I was glad I could tell him that he was (at least I knew, right?) I'm just confused as to why a frenchman had to ask ME directions lol. But he was with his daughter and she was really interesting to watch. She was probably about 7 or 8. I love listening to French kids talk because for one I can actually understand them, and two they are really animated and talk about the weirdest things. This girl today was showing her friend how cool her new backpack was. She sat there and counted all the pockets and then yelled very triumphantly that she had 17 pockets on her new bag, like that was the coolest thing ever hahaahha. Then when we got on the metro she kept asking her dad question after question, and he never seemed to get annoyed. It was cute.

There is certainly no lack of PDA around here, but it doesnt really bother me. Every couple I see is holding hands (or making out, which is kind of gross but at least the couples still like each other hahaha) and whispering to each other no matter what age they are. It's really cute, but makes me miss Cody a lot (insert gags or "awwww" here).

After class I just came home and have been facebooking ever since. It's a rough life. In about 20 minutes I'm leaving to meet my friends Taylor and Stephen for dinner at a sushi place by Taylor's. I'm so excited to have found sushi in Paris, especially sushi that is moderately priced! All of the places that I've walked by have been outrageous prices (and even more outrageous when you do the conversion to US dollars in your head haha). My host family is going out somewhere tonight so I'm on my own for dinner. They said I could make whatever I wanted but I'm not even that good at using American appliances so I don't think I'll try the French ones - especially when no one will be here to help me put out the fires. Have I mentioned that I  LOOOVVVEEEE my host mom's dinners? They're always delicious! And she always makes a dessert which is awesome. Last night dessert was baked pears and chocolate with some sort of crust on top. I never would have thought of that combination but it was amazing, I could have eaten 10 (but don't worry, I only had one. Even though I take the metro 3 times a day I am still making sure to work on my Parisian shape lol)

Tomorrow I have class from 8:30am - 10:30am (kill me now) and then 4:30pm - 6:30pm. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with myself for my 6 hour break. Most likely I'll spend it wandering around the area by school and getting lost. Hopefully I'll find some good shopping places while I'm there!

I'm off to get sushi now - for any of my follwers that don't have facebook, here is a picture of me (and my friend kirsten) at the eiffel tower!



2 comments:

  1. where is your beret.....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, i like my sketchers but i LOVE my prada backpack....but i love my sketchers, thats because you dont have a prada backpack.

    ya my prada backpack also has 17 pockets!

    ReplyDelete