When does it end?! I'm sick of it. I feel so tired and I don't want to sleep. I just want to stay up forever, sleeping is a waste of time when you're in Paris!
Today was another pointless meeting, however it was less excruiciating than the others (only because it was shorter, not because the content was better). The dean literally spent about 10-15minutes explaining how the room numbers work. For expample, did you know that if a room is on the fourth floor, it will start with a "4"? You did? Oh, well you must be passed third grade then. Apparently the college is at a slower learning level.
I went to la tour eiffel again today so I could go to the top, only to find out that the top is closed "for works" (thats what the guy told me hahaha) and won't be open again until feb 5th. I could have just gone to the 2nd level instead of the 3rd (which is the top) but why bother? I dont want a half assed view of Paris I want to see it all! And I couldn't believe how many gypsies were there during the day. There were these ladies that kept asking people if they spoke english. So the first time I felt bad, like maybe she was lost or something and I said yes. As soon as I did she has this sob story about how shes there without her father for a month in Paris and needs money. I said I didnt have any and kept walking. 5 minutes later a DIFFERENT gypsy comes up to me with the same story, all written down on a piece of paper. They have an organized crime ring going on down there. This was probably the only time in my life I pretended NOT to be able to speak English.
Oh yea, and around all the national monuments are guys with guns. Tons of them! I think I knew this, so I don't know why it threw me off when I saw like 8 guys walk by with semi-automatics but it did. Not a bad idea though, maybe the US should take note.
After that I went to the Louvre, but never really made it inside... hahahahaha. Give me a break, by this point in the day I was absolutely exhausted. So I went in (with my super cool free student pass, of course) asked where the Mona Lisa was and headed in that direction. My friend Taylor and I walked up about 9 flights of stairs (at 20 a piece) only to find out we weren't even to the 2nd level yet. We were defeated and gave up. We just went outside and took pictures instead hahaha. Don't worry, I plan to go back. It was just way too much for one day.
On the way from the Louvre to Taylor's apartment the Metro entrances got stuck. We have weekly passes with our school card so instead of individual tickets we just have to swipe this card. Well hers wasnt working and people were crammed behind us so I swiped mine for her, forgetting that they don't let you do more than one swipe at the same station for at least 10 minutes (so that people can't use their card for someone else). Well now I'm just stuck with all these angry french behind me and a metro train thats about to leave. So, I mustered up all of my ninja knowledge and somehow managed to jump over it. The guy in front of me was nice enough to hold the train door open so it wouldnt leave without me hahahaha I wish I would have had a picture of it, it was pretty funny but without a visual the humor is lost.
We went to an Italian place for dinner and it was really good. The waiter asked us where we were from and when we said America he smiles and says "I love America! Barack Obama, yeaaaa!!!!' hahahahahaha he was VERY excited about it.
Tomorrow I'm FINALLYYYYYYYYYYY getting some shopping in, so I'd better go to bed so my legs can have adequate rest. I can't have them give out on me when I'm on a shopping mission - I need to mentally and physically prepare.
Kristen, I forgot to grab the tazer from you before I left...think I can get one around here? I'd have you ship it but I obviously need it for tomorrow. hahahahahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats the Casey we Love!!!! Your skills are paying off....hahahahah! Rest up and tell the dean you read the manual, lets get moving!!!
ReplyDeleteDid you find the McDonalds yet?